Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Love Pasta? No Problem!


Coming from an Italian family, I grew up on pasta Sundays. Over the years, as my diet has evolved into a more gluten free, no bread/pasta, type, I have taken out pasta completely.

However, just the other day as I was walking down one of the areas more marketable grocery store, I came across quinoa pasta. I had to give it a shot! Quinoa is sprouted grain but is relative to leafy green vegetables (1)! Quinoa is also high in protein, making it a perfect meal item.

I was rather impressed with the texture and after adding some grass fed butter and salt and pepper it was delicious! Give quinoa pasta a try! Mix some vegetables in with it and enjoy!

-Eric

Fitness Together Newtonville & Auburndale

1.) http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice

No comments:

Post a Comment